Lead Designer (Research, Interaction, Visual, Front-End )
A very small team: 1 product manager, 1 full-stack engineer, 1 marketing designer, and 3 executive stakeholders.
- Foster a community by allowing passionate ModCloth users to share their opinions what we should carry.
- Help independent designers make decisions about which of their samples to put into production.
- Collect data on what types of product visitors are interested in to inform future purchase decisions.
The team quickly realized that social features would be at the heart of Be the Buyer -- voting and commenting had to be as simple and intuitive as possible, and sharing needed to be a prominent part of the interface. Users would need to be able to quickly vote on many products and track the status of the products they voted on.
- Lots of press in the tech and fashion spaces about ModCloth
- Enormous engagement -- the product saw hundred of thousands of votes, thousands of comments, and thousands of shares before it was sunset. Almost 3,000 people voted on products just on the first day it was released